Thursday, April 28, 2011

Meet Greta Dedmon!

Meet Greta Dedmon

My first summer at camp must have been about….. 1982. My Coppercreek history goes a little something like this: Camper – TC – Counselor/horse staff. I think I spent 6 or so summers here. It could be said that this is my happy place! Now my experience is coming full circle, as I join you to teach Arts and Crafts while my son, Josh, is a camper.


Before you ask, yes I could tell you stories from back in the day – but I’m sworn to secrecy. I did know Lornie way back when… in fact she was my counselor! And Papa John was a very important figure in my summer life. If you ask anyone who knew me then – I spent about 23 of every 24 hours at the horses. This camp taught me so much about life and I can talk about that for days!


Currently I live in San Rafael, CA with my husband and 2 of our 3 boys – they are 18, 14, and 8. (The oldest is off in college) As a family we enjoy many fun activities together including boogie boarding/surfing, mountain biking, fishing, baseball/softball, horseback riding, beading/jewelry making, travelling, and camping.


It’s my pleasure to bring my creativity and spunky personality to camp this summer. I love to dance, dress in costumes, ride horses, swim, waterski, canoe, ride bikes….. really about the only camp activities I’m not into are climbing (super don’t like heights) and skateboarding. Since I was about 8, I’ve been making beaded jewelry. So look for my well-stocked beading kit during Third Session! If you have any beads you want to bring – please do so! Counselors are encouraged to participate as well.


With the help of my favorite artist, Emily Elders, I will be offering some really fun and creative projects for all of you. I’m also bringing some fabric and a sewing machine with me so we can make some really great costumes for campfires and dances too.


I look forward to meeting you and having tons of fun this summer.



No comments: