Sunday, May 31, 2009

Staff Intros Part 1

Hello Everyone!  

It's been a while since I posted.  Makenna turned one, and camp has been very busy in the time I was away!  As part of our welcome to our new and returning staff, we send around an e-mail and ask the staff to introduce themselves to one another.  I thought you all might like to meet them as well.  
I will post a few intros each day for the next week or so.

Ryan McDowell
My name is Ryan McDowell and I was born and raised in the beautiful Indian valley where Coppercreek is set.  In high school I had the pleasure of watching over the infamous Ryleigh Hogland for a summer at coppercreek, but this will be my first year as a counselor.

Right now I live in San Luis Obispo Ca where I attend Cal Poly as a communication studies major and psychology minor.  After graduating I plan to go to law school potentially to be an attorney. 

I am on the Cal Poly water ski team and enjoy spending time out on the lake skiing and wake boarding, I got the opportunity this year to travel around the western united states competing in inter-collegiate tournaments.  

Other sports I spend much of my time playing are basketball and football with some downhill skateboarding dashed in. I am a big music enthusiast and love to sing, play guitar and saxophone.  I look forward to working with all of you this summer.


Amy Lewis

My name is Amy Lewis, an I am a senior Biology major at UC Davis. I am hoping to go to physical therapy school when I graduate.

I grew up in Newport Beach and enjoy sailing, surfing and most other beach activities. Outside of the beach I spend a lot of my time at the barn. I am captain of the UC Davis Equestrian team and my horse Lucky lives up at school with me (and occupies most of my time). I am also a member of the Pi Beta Phi sorority, play IM soccer, and enjoy running.

I am super excited to spend my first summer at camp and look forward to meeting everyone!

Adelaide Baber
Hey Everyone,

 My name is Adelaide Baber and I will be a sophomore in the Fall at the University of the Pacific in Stockton, Ca where I am majoring in Sports Management with double minor in Business Administration and Communications. At school I am very involved in several clubs on campus, a member of Delta Delta Delta sorority, and also enjoy running half-marathons with my mom throughout the year.

 I grew up in the Sacramento valley in a small town called Colusa . Growing up I spent the majority of my time with 4-H, riding horses, showing dogs, wakeboarding, and playing sports. I attended Coppercreek for 8 summers and took part in Traditional Camp, Horsemastership, Trek, CIT and JC programs. During my summer off from Coppercreek, I was a summer camp counselor for a non-profit leadership organization called the California Association of Student Councils (CASC).

I am extremely excited for my first summer on staff! See everyone in a few weeks!

<3>

I hope you are all as excited about camp as we are!
Becky

No comments: