Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Staff Intros Part 2

Staff began arriving yesterday for the Certified Horsemanship Association (CHA) Clinic and Lifeguarding class.  After weeks of beautiful weather, it is also raining and thunder-storming (of course)!  I love the irony that is summer camp :)!

Here are some more bios for you:

Kate Hagan:
   My name is Kate Hagan. I am a Junior at Oregon State University, studying English. I grew up in northern California and moved up Washington state at age 13. My family and I grew up attending Coppercreek's family camp, horsemanship and traditional camp. I have ridden horses all my life and competed in 3 day evening and hunter/jumper shows since age 12. I have also grown up swimming and currently just finished up my third competitive season swimming distance freestyle for Oregon State's women's swim team. 
   I am so excited to meet everyone and look forward to a GREAT summer! 

Emily Westphal:
I'm from Gaylord, Michigan. I just finished all of my courses at Northern Michigan University majoring in Art and Design Education. My concentration within that major is Photography. I will be stepping out of the college classroom and into the elementary classroom as I prepare to student teach this fall in Grand Rapids, Michigan. I am set to graduate this December. 

At NMU, I worked with Housing and Residence Life as a community adviser (similar to an RA) and was avid in a program called the Superior Edge. My free time was taken up by rock climbing, hiking, snowshoeing, and photography. California will be a completely new experience for me. I am new to CopperCreek, and the area. 

I am anxious to meet all of you, and explore CopperCreek!!
~Em 

Signe Larson:
This will be my first summer at  Coppercreek. I'll be lifeguarding mostly. I grew up in Portland,  Oregon and I'm a junior at Oregon State University. My major is New  Media Communications, focusing on sports broadcasting and marketing.

I'm currently the captain or the OSU women's swim team. That takes up most of my time but when  I do get some free time I love camping,  hiking, surfing, skiing, riding 4x4s anything outdoors!

I'm way excited for this summer and can't wait to meet you all!

-Signe


No comments: