Sunday, June 14, 2009

Staff Intros Part 3

James Gorman from Ireland
Im James and i come from Belfast in Northern Ireland, this will be my second year at camp and im so excited for it to start. i enjoy most outdoor sport, climbing, running, soccer and wakeboarding because of camp.I love to travel and have been all over the globe sometimes living in different countries. I also work in a mental health hospital as an activity coordinator, and i love it. I do alot of other things as youll find out at camp. My last year at camp was one ill never forget thats why i had to return this year.

David Steven, Maintenance Staff
Hello im David Steven from Manchester, England home of the best football (Soccer) team in europe Manchester United hahah. This will be my first time to camp and America i am currently studying Computer Games Design at Staffordshire University but changing to broadcasting technology when i return.I have an Interest in outdoor activities and would love the oportunity to try out wakeboarding when available i am keen on learning different cultures and to travel.I will be on maintenance at camp and look foward to meeting you all!

Ellie Snape, Riding Instructor
My name is Eloise Snape, but everyone knows me as Ellie. I'm from a little town called Grimsby in England, but am currently living in Leeds with 4 of my friends whilst studying for my degree. I study Business and Human Resource Management at Leeds Metropolitan University. I will be part of the riding department at camp. I have been riding since the age of 6, and competing in showjumping competitions from a young age.I love horses and all animals. In my spare time I enjoy spending time with my friends and showjumping. At camp I will be looking forward to trying and taking part in different sports and meeting new people. This will be my first year at camp and was only placed a couple of days ago, so am unsure what to expect!I'm looking forward to meeting you all!

Kevin Reyes, Counselor

My name is Kevin, and I am currently studying at CSU Sacramento. I am a liberal studies major, which basically is teacher prep for elementary school. I'll admit its taken me a little bit longer than I had hoped to get to where I am, but I am a firm believer in the journey is worth more than the destination. I'll be a junior in the fall.
I grew up near Monterey Bay, specifically in Salinas. When I was growing up, I spent alot of my time on a bike riding around the town, out on the agriculture fields and between my friends houses. I was active in sports playing baseball through elementary school volleyball in middle school. And in high school played volleyball, basketballand football.
That was then, this however is the now, I have recently taken up to break dancing with the Beats Rhyme and Culture club on campus. I am one of thee few "Poppers" of the club. Aslo within the club, I guess the technical position I haave taken is Web Master. Which reminds me I need to work on the events calendar for the club, but anyways. Also, because of my major, I am allowed a concentration in just about any field, and I have chosen to do mine in music. Interestingly enough, over the past year I have taught myself basic Ukulele chords on the Soprano Ukulele, and currently am working on learning the baritone Ukulele. Which is basically a guitar without the two lowest strings.

No comments: