Friday, February 5, 2010

Ryan McDowell

Hello Friend!


My name is Ryan McDowell and I am 21 years old and I’m uber stoked (excited) to meet all of you. Where do I start? I was born and raised in the beautiful Indian Valley where Coppercreek is located, so as far as knowledge of the area goes I would like to think of myself as somewhat of an expert! Growing up I was a very active youth enjoying all sorts of sports; everything from golf, to kayaking, to football, to snowboarding. I guess you could say I’m a bit of an adrenaline junkie with a great love for extreme sports and performing.




After high school I decided to try a more populated area, so I moved to San Luis Obispo (SLO) where I currently attend Cal Poly as a communications major. In SLO I stay pretty busy I am on the Cal Poly water ski team, work part time, and am in a ska band. When doing none of the above, I try to explore around the central cost or surf, or cook! I’ve got a couple years left in school part of which I hope to spend studying abroad.



This will be my second year as a counselor at Coppecreek, but my third summer under the employment of Coppercreek Camp, as I spent one summer in high school as the nanny of the infamous Ryleigh Hogland. At camp I specialize in the board sports so you can find me pulling kids on one of the boats out on Lake Almanor. Sun's Out Gun's Out!!!! I also like to spend a considerable amount of time on the skate ramp, teaching kids to drop in, or watching them show of their steez (style with ease). One of my favorite parts of camp is the Friday night dance party! I officially challenge anyone out there to a limbo contest, if limbo isn’t your style you can just belt out an Avril Lavigne song with me!



Soooooo, that is a Ryan McDowell overview. To learn more come see me in my natural habitat!



No comments: