Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Kevin Reyes



Hey all, my name is Kevin, or K-Rey, or Kreyola, and yes that last one is pronounced like the crayon company. I am super excited to be returning to camp for my second summer and I am definitely looking forward to seeing everyone there again as well.

Since this last summer I have been trying to keep busy with school, but find myself sometimes singing various camp songs to myself, and to the annoyance of anyone around me because they are tired of hearing about how they can't ride in my little red wagon.

I have officially become a Recreation, Parks, and Tourism Administration major.

I decided after last summer at camp that I would not be able to stand being inside a classroom the rest of my life. This is providing me with plenty of opportunities to get out there and do things now!

Before camp begins again I will have gone snowshoeing under the full moon, spent a day on the American River bike trail riding, attended two different challenge/ropes courses, and gone on a 3 day backpacking trip. I am definitely looking forward to another summer out there with everyone in the cabins again.


>I have continued to play my ukulele and have picked up the degiridoo as well. A very tough instrument to play for long if you do not know how to circular breathe, which I do not. I have been learning some more songs on the ukulele that are fun little songs, but I am still working on those ever classic campfire songs. I am still dancing, doing my breaking/popping, and am hoping to actually compete in at least one competition, or battle, before summer starts, which will be an amazing experience.


No comments: