Thursday, April 29, 2010

Meet Emily Ballestrini!


Hi. I’m Emily, I was a camper myself back before the flood – and the fire! I’ve been all over the world since then (and a few times before, it’s true) and this is the one place I really, truly have not been able to resist returning to.



Think of me as a salmon, only with a longer, more convoluted life-span? I’m returning this summer for the first month with the glorious title of Artist in Residence and my three children (that’s where the longer, more confusing salmon analogy returns. If I really were a salmon, I’d be long out of the picture, possibly as decorative fodder on a bagel. I’m grateful for small favors. And robust flavors…).


My chosen arts are relief prints and book arts, with occasional forays into paper engineering (but not origami: that’s a whole different universe!) and animation. I chew ice year ‘round. I think of this as a bad habit that I’m not sufficiently interested in breaking.



I’m also a big fan of naps, and I’m looking forward to having a defined Rest Hour after lunch again – I’ll be sad if that’s been consigned to the dust heap of history!


No comments: