Monday, May 9, 2011

Meet Gabby Lichtig!


Hello All!


My name is Gabby and this is my second year working at Coppercreek Camp! I am very excited to get back to camp because camp is like a second home! This year I have studied abroad in New Zealand and I have had many adventures!



While I’ve been in New Zealand I have done A LOT of hiking and Kayaking! This country is so beautiful and so many amazing things to do outdoors. I love just hanging out in nature and I have found that hiking and finding new places to explore is some of my favorite things to do!


I am very excited to be at camp again because I love to be silly and camp is the perfect place to do so! I love talking to people and I love meeting new campers!




One of my favorite adventures in New Zealand was a five-day horse trek that I did across the North Island of the country. We started on the west coast of New Zealand and trekked 75 kilometers to the East Coast! We rode for 6 hours everyday! On this treck I rode Bon Bon, a super standard bred. We crossed mountains and galloped across untouched beaches! It was absolutely breath taking.


I have a complete love for animals. I love dogs, horses cows and most other animals too! I am a vegetarian and I an excellent pet owner!




As well as having a love for animals I am an equestrian! I have been riding my entire life and competing in Hunters and Jumpers since I was 13. I am now on my Equestrian Team at Miami University. Riding has been a huge part of my life and it always will be!


As well as riding I also really like to climb on rocks, sing, eat potatoes, play the ukulele, paint, my camel back, boondoggle and try new things!


I can’t wait to meet all of you soon this summer!!!


No comments: