Thursday, May 5, 2011

Meet Erin Calfee!


Hi everyone! I’m Erin and I’m 22 years old. I grew up in Davis, California. The first time I moved away from home I was 17 and went on exchange to Germany. Eight months later I moved to Providence, RI, where I now go to school at Brown University where I study history. I’ll be graduating this May right before coming to Coppercreek!



Rhode Island is great, but I always come home for breaks because I love spending time outdoors in beautiful California. In the winter I ski up in Tahoe and in the summer you can find me hiking in the mountains or floating down the river.

pastedGraphic_2.pdf


I started kayaking with my dad when I was 14 and fell in love with the river. For two summers in college I worked as a raft guide on the South Fork of the American River. Last summer I got a job in Providence researching Native Americans in colonial New England with a professor (very cool stuff!). I didn’t spend my whole summer in the archives though. I also went on a 20-day self-supported kayaking and rafting trip down the Grand Canyon with family and friends! We had creek exploring, rattlesnakes, mucky-muck wars, unexpected June rain, beautiful sunsets, unbalanced coyotes, and VERY big whitewater…ask me all about it!


I am a very silly person and I love to laugh. At Brown I’m part of an improvisational comedy acting troupe which means that I have 4 hours of scheduled silliness every week! Tell me your jokes and riddles and show me your silliest dance moves and animal impersonations!


pastedGraphic_4.pdf

I look forward to meeting all of you!

Erin


No comments: