Friday, May 14, 2010

Meet Cindy Gentry!

Hi Everyone,
I'm Cindy Gentry and I'm very excited to once again be leaving my home here in
Washington State to travel to my home in California - aka Coppercreek camp. I've worked many jobs in my 25 years of life, ranging from helping teenagers plan trips around the world with a youth ministry, to scraping algae from fish tanks in a pet store. Nothing I've done so far has compared to being at Coppercreek though, and this will be my fifth summer as a counselor.


Some of you may remember me as the red-guitar-wielding counselor, or the counselor who was WAY too excited about bugs and baby goats. A lot has changed for me this year, as I got to experience my first year as an official veterinary student at
Washington State University. One thing that definitely has NOT changed, however, is my love for our furry, four-legged friends.
Thankfully there are quite a few of those at camp.

Some of my favorite activities (aside from those just mentioned) include horseback riding, hiking, camping (yeah outpost!) archery and photography. At home I love to garden and spend lots of time taking care of my pets. I'm not terribly crafty but I do enjoy art (thankfully, Tie-Dye is foolproof!) and I LOVE anything theatrical. I was very fortunate to get to help the campers put on last summer's fantastic play; hopefully we'll get to see another one this year!

Aside from all the great activities though, my favorite thing by far about Coppercreek is getting to see so many old friends and meet so many new ones each year. And, of course, bbq night. ;) I hope to see you there!

No comments: