Friday, May 7, 2010

Meet Meredith Malnick!

Hello, my name is Meredith Malnick, though you may call me Mer or any other snazzy nickname you please. I am SO excited to spend this summer with all of you at Coppercreek. This will be my 5th summer and my first as a counselor at a place that many of you will soon call home.



I discovered the magical land of Coppercreek at 14 and have loved it ever since. This summer I will be teaching horseback riding, a passion of mine since I could walk, but have also done 4 week TREK, the CIT and JC programs here at camp as well as traditional camp. Currently I live up in Eugene,Oregon and am finishing my Junior year of College at the University of Oregon( Go Ducks!). Though English is my major I can speak a bit of Spanish, Italian, and a tiny bit of Hebrew.
My hometown is Los Altos, California, and in true Norcal spirit I love any place that has lots of trees (like Coppercreek).

I have been around horses since I was a baby,but competed in eventing (a combination of dressage, cross country jumping, and show jumping) which in my very biased opinion is the best combination of disciplines. Currently I am a member of my school's equestrian team, and we have traveled all around Oregon (and Canada!) showing this year.


When I am not galloping around fields and jumping solid objects, I have dabbled in rock climbing, running, and 80's dodgeball (the neon colors give you supreme dodging abilities). I am passionate about living life to its fullest (think Baz Lurhman's song Sunscreen) so that the only wrinkles I will have when I am older will be laugh lines. I can't wait to meet all of you and teach you the art of feeding horses carrots (and horseback riding).

No comments: