Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Meet Josh Pocus!

Hello everyone, my name is Josh Pocus. I go by either Josh or Pocus whichever is easiest to remember. I am really excited about working at Coppercreek camp for the summer. Although this will be my first summer camp counselor job, I have been in and out of summer camps since I was 10 years old and have always wanted to be a camp counselor.
I served in the U.S. Army for 4 years and now I am a student at California State University Sacramento working towards a degree in photography. I am a very outgoing and optimistic person. I love being outdoors and enjoying Mother Nature’s beauties. My dream home would most likely have to be a tree house like in the old Swiss family Robinson movie.

In my free time I like to get out and travel. I go hiking and camping a lot with my family and friends. Trinity Alps wilderness in northern California is by far one of my favorite places to hike. I snowboard in the winter time and downhill long board in the summer. I love to ride dirt bikes and compete in motocross races.

I grew up around music and I am currently learning to play the guitar. I have made a homemade didgeridoo and other interesting musical instruments I attempt to play. I love to cook especially for other people and so far I have gotten positive reviews from friends and family. I have traveled to over 14 different countries and I plan on eventually visiting them all.
When I am not able to travel and free of academic studies I grab my camera and walk around the river in Sacramento and take pictures of wildlife. Before camp starts, my siblings and I are going on a week long hiking trip to Kings Canyon.

I am looking forward to working with all of you this summer and will meet all of you soon.





No comments: